Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach ache, please notify the office.
- Take pre-operative oral sedation medications as prescribed and follow the instructions below:
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- You must have an escort.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Do not mix with alcohol or other sedative medications
- Do not use if pregnant
- Promptly report unusual symptoms/effects to our office.